Presents for YOU on MY 10 years anniversary!

0 Comments

Bungie
This was a forum thread I created on Bungie.net, the official website of Bungie, a video game developer known for Destiny and Halo.

Original Source – Sept. 17, 2014

Poster of various video games characters created by BungieIt’s been 10 years since I first joined this website. I started off as a noob, stayed in Zanzibar for a few years, participated in a few ARGs, then eventually settled into creating a few bungie.net FAQs. A few years after that, I became a Forum NInja and here I am today. I first came to this website in 2002 when the TRU7H & RECONCILIATION Halo website was here. A year or so later it became The New Hawtness, and that’s when I first joined. Thanks Sword and Scales, for introducing me to a community I haven’t been away from since.

As a part of my Bnet birthday, I have a few presents to give YOU.

That’s right – you.

I’ve been working on some of these for YEARS. No, I’m not kidding. I’ve always felt I was a historian of sorts – always collecting things around here – and now it’s time to show you my collection. Be prepared to experience nostalgia, because you’re going to be hit hard.

I introduce to you my website, and with that, the Bungie.net Homepage Archive (this website is not complete whatsoever).

This archive is a collection of Bungie.net homepages and forums that have long since passed. I think it would around 2008 that I first started using a Firefox extension called Scrapbook. It basically creates a copy of the webpage you’re on. I’ve tried doing this whenever I saw a change or felt it was a significant event. Please, use this tool for your own collections.

Secondly, through the help of Solonoid, we’re working on a pre-bungie.next theme. This theme brings our fond memories of Bungie.net into this new Bungie.next. I hope this will be kept updated as time goes on.

Lastly, as a collector, (and to outdo Spawn) I have my saved threads archived. Sadly, I didn’t archive them before the jump to Bungie.next, so it’s a little old. These threads are a collection of what I like, what I felt was somehow “historical,” what I found to be important, and other reasons that I cannot disclose. They’re located below.

I hope you enjoy my little collection.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE!

My Saved Threads:

BUNGIE UNIVERSE – The Underground
BUNGIE COMMUNITY – The Septagon
COMMUNITY SCREENSHOTS
HALO 1 & 2 FOR PC
HALO 2 FORUM – New Mombasa
HALO 3 FORUM
HALO 3: ODST
HALO: COMBAT EVOLVED – The Maw
HALO REACH